开始卷TED:第1篇 —— 《Embrace the near win》——part: 1
Embrace the near win
接受差一点的成功。
win
near
embrace
译为:接受,包含,欢迎
I feel so fortunate that my first job was working at the Museum of Modern Art
on a retrospective of painter Elizabeth Murray.
我很幸运,我的第一份工作是在现代艺术博物馆里,给画家伊丽莎白·默里办一个回顾展。
retrospective
museum
fortunate
I learned so much from her.
我从她那里学到很多。
After the curator Robert Storr selected all the paintings from her lifetime body of work, I loved looking at the paintings from the 1970s.
在馆长罗伯特·斯托从她一生的作品中选取了画作之后,我爱上了欣赏这些 20 世纪 70 年代的画作。
curator
There were some motifs and elements that would come up again later in her life.
在她生命的后期,一些主题和元素得到重现。
motifs
I remember asking her what she thought of those early works.
我记得自己问她,她对那些早期作品的想法是什么。
If you didn’t know they were hers, you might not have been able to guess.
如果人们起先不知道,也许就猜不到这些是她的作品了。
She told me that a few didn’t quite meet her own mark for what she wanted them to be.
她告诉我,一些作品并没有达到她所希望的水准。
One of the works, in fact, so didn’t meet her mark, she had set it out in the trash in her studio, and her neighbor had taken it because she saw its value.
其中一幅,事实上,远没有满足她的要求,她把它扔进了公寓的垃圾箱里,之后被她的邻居拿走了,因为她看到了其中的价值。
trash
In that moment, my view of success and creativity changed.
在那一刻,我对成功和创新的想法改变了。
I realized that success is a moment, but what we’re always celebrating is creativity and mastery.
我意识到成功是一个瞬间,然而我们总是在庆祝创新和卓越。
mastery
celebrating
本文来自互联网用户投稿,该文观点仅代表作者本人,不代表本站立场。本站仅提供信息存储空间服务,不拥有所有权,不承担相关法律责任。 如若内容造成侵权/违法违规/事实不符,请联系我的编程经验分享网邮箱:veading@qq.com进行投诉反馈,一经查实,立即删除!